Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just a Friendly Note Without Any Traces of Sacrcasm

Dear Lady at the Adult Pool with your Children,

Hi. You might remember me. I was one of the only caucasian people at Cafe Del Mar today. And definitely the only one with red hair. I was also the one that your 7 year old son kept swimming into repeatedly while he did laps in the pool.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love kids! But perhaps a swanky adults only pool bar at the beach, where there are signs clearly posted all over that say, "Only 18 and older permitted at this establishment," might not be the most appropriate place for them. Granted, it is partly the establishments fault for letting your children into the pool, but under your supervision I would think when the child was using the swim up bar as his jumping off point for laps, you might question your judgment of play areas.

I'm sure the early twenty something Phillpino gals liked it when your adorable 4 year old daughter was screaming at the top of her lungs because her swimmies were too tight as they sipped their over priced champagne cocktails. And I certainly enjoyed your son doing his spectacular back stroke into my rear. I also noticed the icy glare you gave ME when I turned around to see if you had seen him do that as if it was I who was rude for having been in the way of his swimming lesson.

Was it the ear thumping techno music or the over greased Indians in speedos hitting on every female insight that screamed, "Kid Friendly"? Just know, that with all of the family oriented attractions on Sentosa Island, you picked the right place to spend the day.

Sincerely,

Red-headed Ang Moh sipping a Lychee Mojito

No comments:

Post a Comment